Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday

Monday….I had breakfast, the laundry all caught up, as well as my chess games and the kitchen back in order by 9:15 this morning. A bit after lunch ChiChi and I went out walking. We took Rivendale drive and ended up at the rivers edge a half hour later. Just as we started back the rain began very lightly and I am happy to report it never got any worse. We were home by 1:30 wondering what the rest of the day would bring. About an hour after we returned there was a nice thundershower, if such things can ever be called nice. I looked around for ChiChi while the thunder was jumping on the roof but I didn’t see him, I think he ran under the bed. I can see him covering his ears with his paws.. . . . This evening, while watching O’Reilly, a small doe walked by my living room window, she was no more than ten feet from the house. She slowly worked her way across the lawn between my place and Roy’s but shortly after she gained the driveway and started down the other side she got spooked by a car speeding buy and immediately hightailed it back the way she had come.  I ran to my bedroom window to watch her jump the fence behind my place but she had done that and disappeared before I could get to the window. I don’t run too fast these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment