Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday

Wednesday. . . There were four deer outside my bedroom window when I got up this morning. That was a peaceful sight to behold. All morning ChiChi and I considered going for a walk but the threatening rain kept us from braving the elements. By 1:30, since no rain had fallen I decided to do it! I put on my heavy, wool lined jacket and I am glad I did. It was cool and with the wind blowing it was almost cold. We got about a mile and a half from the house when sure enough it started to sprinkle. We started home and as soon as we did the rain stopped. The total time of the walk was about fifty minutes and as soon as we got inside the rain pelted the rooftop for about 20 minutes. I’m glad we were not out in that mess. This afternoon I finished one book and started another, ChiChi fell asleep in front of the heater. It came on several times today to keep the temperature around 70 degrees. . . . Tammy phoned me while she was driving home from or to work. She told me she is putting in 16 hour days, three or four of those a week is just about enough for anybody. She invited me to stop in and see her and Della during my trip in May. She expects me to be pretty tired after all of that time on the road so she said I can spend a few days there resting up. That was very nice of her and I intend to do just as she suggested. I told her I expect to be in her part of the country around the end of May. I will be on my way home after driving to Shreveport and then Key West. My plan is to drive a lot of that distance sans freeways. I enjoy all of the little towns the quit roads take me through. I think I will be leaving here in about two weeks. We will see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. As Mike an I indicated, you will love the Keys and you must take the trip to Dry Tourtugus! It is beautiful. Let us know when you are in our part of the country or at least Shreveport. Maybe we can visit! Glenda Elford!

    ReplyDelete