Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday

 My day was a happy one. I never did go walking but I did get to the bowling alley around noon to practice four lines. I got to bowl on one of the new lanes, my hook was unbelievabel, I had to change my left foot position to compensate my delivery. My scores in order of appearance were 125, 135, 149, 146. 173. That gave me an average of 153 for the day. I felt good about that. I bowled the fourth line because I was so sure I could do better than the 149 and sure enough, I did. I was expecting a couple of people from the team to show up but they did not make it. My instructor arrived as I was leaving and he was impressed with the 173.. . . I then stopped by Safeway for some more ice cream and other stuff before going home. After putting away the groceries and letting ChiChi run for a couple of minutes I drove over to see Ron and Caren but found that Caren and Colter were taking a nap so I didn't stay long. Ron sent me home with enough spaghetti to last four meals and by the time I got back to the house I was hungry so I warmed that up and watched some afternoon TV. I then mixed up a batch of pancake mix and added a lot of blueberries. I made large pancakes and ended up with five for my troubles. That will be a full breakfast any time I want to put one in the microwave for two minutes. Those large pancakes are going to make it difficult to keep my weight down. I bet they are going to taste pretty good though! I cooked them with too much heat so the inside of the place got smoky but the smoke alarm never came on. I opened the door and one window in the bedroom, that cleaned things out quickly enough.....If I had an excuse to go into town tomorrow I'd stop at the bowling alley again. Maybe I should just enjoy the score today and not make myself feel bad for a poor showing tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I wasn't awake when you got here. Colt has been cutting molars and he is just a little crank. Plus after church today we picked him up from the nursery and he had blue perminant parker all over his face and arms and new Easter shirt. So I have offered to replace the perminant markers with crayons, got out the spray and wash and Ron put him in the tub and scrubbed the ink off as best he could. After that we had lunch and sure enough Ashton cleaned up the garlic bread. We all had full bellys and sleep came fast. Ron told me about your scores first off. Amazing! Love You, Caren

    ReplyDelete