Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January

Tuesday 4th. . . .The PUD man stopped by this morning with a final notice on the electric bill. Evidently there has been a mix up regarding the way the bill is to be paid through the estate. I drove into Longview and paid it. It will all get straightened out when the estate finally settles. I was home again and had my chess games caught up by noon-thirty. The morning really went fast, I was getting hungry and was surprised so much time had gone by since breakfast. For the first time in many days the wind chimes on the front porch are moving. Not moving enough to tinkle, but they are moving. Rain is falling about 30 miles West of the mouth of the Columbia River. Could be here soon. Present time is 12:35 pm. I made another blunder in one of my chess games, the story of my life. By 3:30 the little wind movement we had has died down, the fire is crackling along in the fireplace.. . . . By bedtime the storm has rain falling about 30 miles north of here but it looks like our rain will arrive later, fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment