Friday, January 14, 2011

January

Friday 14th. . . .I just realized that Friday the 13th fell on a Thursday this month. . . . . . Had my chess games caught up by 7:30 this morning. I was surprised to find only three opponents had left moves for me to respond to overnight. I challenged a man from Belarus last night and had two of his games waiting for me also.. . . . I left for Portland a bit after 10AM to spend the afternoon visiting with Terri Lynn. She just got back from a six week break in Hawaii. Lucky lady. I delivered her Birthday present  and her Christmas gift  that she missed earlier because she was not around. We had lunch then went to Borders book store and she turned on her new Mac notebook since they have free WiFi and we enjoyed learning how that animal works. It certainly is a nice machine, but way out of my price range. We stayed at Borders until the Friday night traffic subsided. We walked out to the cars about 6:30 and I drove home in time to turn on O’Reilly at 8PM. It was raining very hard when I left Castle Rock but by the time I reached Portland it stopped. On the way home the rain started again about two miles south of my off ramp and I was so disappointed I refused to turn on my windshield wipers for the last three miles home. I watched O’Reilly then decided to check in on the puter to post this before going to bed. I have to be tired but for some reason it has not yet hit me. I expect to sleep like a baby tonight, but what else is new?

2 comments:

  1. I happen to have a Mac and I love it!! Don't know if I could go back to a PC! Hope everything is going well! Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun day. I think that tomorrows football game starts about noon. Seattle plays on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete