Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March

The car was not ready this morning so I drove the truck into town for the lunch with the guys. There were ten of us there and a good time was had by all. I left there and visited the Seniors Rental agency nearby before driving home. They told me they have nothing available at present and wanted me to get on a list  at a location over the old Columbia theatre in town. That certainly did not agree with me so I told them I would check back later.
    R&R Motors called me at home around 3pm and told me they were on their way to pick me up. I drove the car back up the hill and paid the bill.  $2281.00. The car runs fine, as I would expect. I then drove to Pleasant Hills to see the apartment for rent. It is next to a garage in a guys back yard. It leaves a lot to desire but it is ground level, large enough and the $500 rent includes the electricity, water, and garbage but no garage for storage or my car. It has fridge, microwave and electric stove in the kitchem. It also has an organ in the living room as well as washer and dryer in the bathroom. If there is carpeting in the place it did not strike me as being there but I am not concerned about that. It will be ideal for ChiChi and perhaps I will be able to put in a doggie door. The owner has a doggie door for his own dog. I think I could get really excited about this place, the owner and his wife are Finns, young folks about my age and he used to be a heavy equipment operator, seems like a nice guy.
    I can easily get what furniture I really need from Barb's house so  I expect I will be moving in to the new abode. Before I do that I will check out one more place in Longview that a friend of Barbara's lives in. It is a high rise but I'm not sure they take dogs. I will check that out tomorrow, Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment