Thursday, March 17, 2011

March

I started my day by oversleeping, I was supposed to be at R&R Motors by 8:30 and just made it by the skin of my teeth. It took about an hour to install the 'new' used servo but I was out of there by 9:45. My next stop was at the Post Office because I needed stamps. I bought a roll of Forever stamps, I dated the inside of the roll so it will be interesting to discover just how long a roll of 'forever' stamps really last.
      I then had time to stop by the house and get myself cleaned up enough to go shopping and to meet the gang for bowling.
I stopped by Sears and looked at 32 inch TV's and making notes of the price before continuing on to Wal-Mart. The prices are lower at Wal-Mart but the manufacturer is different too. After that I drove to the bowling alley and had a bowl of soup before checking in for bowling. Things started off well enough with a 149 but after that things fell apart. My second game gave me a 117 so I decided my blood sugar was in turmoil so I bought a small bag of chips and finished the third game with a 122. It was a bad day, my best game was the same as my worse game was last Monday. I was still hungry so had a dinner salad and visited with Charlotte for the first time in weeks. She was not able to stay long and after I finished my meal I drove by Target Store in Kelso. The have 32 inch TV's too but still no price within $50. of Wal-Mart. My plan now is to stop by Best-Buy in Vancouver in the morning to see what they have to offer. Since I will be in the Portland area I might stop by someplace there and see what is available. By buying in Portland I will save about $25 in taxes, it might be worth a shot. it worked well for me a couple of years ago when I bought my Video Camera. We shall see how it goes, The lady at Wal-Mart told me they never close so I may stop in there on my way home tomorrow night and get the one they have. I don't really 'have' to buy tomorrow but it would be nice to have that chore accomplished and behind me.
     After leaving Target Store I stopped by to visit  with Ron and Caren for about 45 minutes, they gave me a huge Porterhouse steak to take home. I can make two large meals out of the steak and if I use it for breakfast [steak and eggs is a wonderful combination] I can get four meals out of it.
    I got home in time to watch O'Reilly at 5PM then for the first time today I turned on the computer. That is when I wrote this little tome  and posted it on my blog.
      I did forget to wear green today and got teased at the bowling alley. I had intended to wear green but I started the day wrong by not waking up in time to remember anything except getting the car fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment