Friday, March 11, 2011

March

  Today I stopped by to make a deposit on my new abode, I will be moving in sometime after the 25th of March, that is two weeks from now. The owner wanted some time to prepare the place. At the moment he has all of his Christmas lights stored in there and they are not boxed up. I wish he would offer to paint the walls too but I did not hear him say anything about that. Freshly painted walls would really make that place perk up. I was more impressed with it after I saw it for the second time, I had walked away from the first visit feeling that it was just not right for me but after seeing it again I changed my mind. Even the kitchen was located in a different part of the apartment than I had remembered. The total square foot of the place is 961.
    Anyway I wrote out the check and got the key with the understanding that it will be ready for me to start moving in on the 25th. My actual rent date will be the 5th of each month.
    After leaving there I drove into Longview and looked into Telephone, TV and Internet hookup. I may go with Dish or Direct for TV service and Comcast for the puter. I asked Radio Shack about Magic Jack for telephone service but I turned down that Idea because it only works when the puter is on and I keep mine on Standby when I am not using it.
     I started my day by washing the car. It was really in the need of  attention and looked much better after getting cleaned up. The only downer for the day was driving home and discovering that the cruise control is no longer functioning. I will go by R&R Motors Monday and ask them about it.
I stopped by to see Ron and Caren, they told me that the baby has been adopted by a couple south of Longview who also adopted the baby's brother and sister. I think that is a beautiful ending of a wonderful start in that baby's life. She is a  sweetypie.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and Chi Chi like your new living quarters and hopefully your blog won't be down too long during the switch over. If you need help moving, I can help on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Good luck and take care.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete