Friday, March 18, 2011

March

18th . . . . .I had part of that Porterhouse steak Caren gave me with eggs this morning, delicious! I left the house before 11am to spend the day with Terri Lynn. We were unable to celebrate St. Patrick’s together yesterday because of my bowling so we made up for it today. We really wanted to meet because last year at this time we were in Prague with Pepik and Eva. Remembering that trip today was  a lot of fun. Terri prepared a great St. Patrick’s Day meal with a glass of beer and we had a nice talk. After eating we each drove our own car to Borders and walked to Best Buy which is about two blocks away. I found a TV I liked for $350.00 and told the salesman to drop the price to $300.00 and I would take it home with me. He said he couldn’t do that and I asked why. His answer was that he needed to talk to his boss. I told him it sounded like a plan to me and he left. Terri was surprised I did that, she didn’t feel it was possible to bargain in a store like that. She was very surprised when the fella returned and told me he had a green light to make the deal. I then purchased a 4 year unconditional guarantee that cost me $50.00. We walked out of the store with a very nice 32 inch LED HDTV. Total price was $349.98. Works for me!  After doing that Terri and I went in Borders and visited for another couple of hours before I left about 6:30. I was home by 8PM and watched the Factor on TV before catching up with my email and posting this item to my blog. It was a great day and I still have some of that steak left over. I will let it age for another day and try that again.

4 comments:

  1. Yea! Good For You Uncle Cliff! You and Ron love to do that bardering. Ron does it everytime he gets a chance. We have got some some good deals that way. I'm glad you found a T.V. you liked!

    Love,Caren
    and Happy Birthday Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's BARTERing not BARDERing....A Bard is a poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only when you know the meaning of the word. When asked to name 5 countries in High School and one of the 5 she named was "Marlboro Country"....well, you get my drift...

    ReplyDelete