Friday, February 15, 2013

FRIDAY


. . . . . Natalia got home long after I had gone to bed last night and was up and out early this morning. She had told me that she had been very busy at work so I imagine that is what is going on.  After breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen I read my email and did some reading. By 11am I decided to get out on the Malecon and see how well the fishermen did this morning. I did wear my jacket over a T-shirt because I expected the wind off the ocean to be cool but I was wrong. The wind was there and it was pushing the high tide even higher than usual but it was not as cool as usual. Thin clouds managed to keep the temperatures down a bit but overall it was a great do for exploring. I carried three books with me to return to the library and was thinking it would be nice to walk back home without that extra weight. Silly me, I left the library with three more books that I guessed weighed even more than the ones I had returned. I had a chicken salad at Macaws and sat in the nearby park to read for a while before strolling back to the house. A shoe shine man on a bicycle stopped by while I was in the park and reminded me that I had told him yesterday that I would have my shoes shined today. He was correct, I had promised him and he had tracked me down. He did a good job too. I arrived back at the house at 3pm and took a water pill. I am retaining water and feel bloated; my legs show some swelling but no more than is sometimes usual for me. After reading and relaxing I decided to work on my Blog.
The young lady was having fun tossing crumbs to the birds and watching her two year old react.
This is the center three burners on the gas stove where the cooking is done at Karans Restaurant I frequent ocassioually. This is upstairs in the Central Market Area.
This is the view from Macaws Restaurant where I usually do a lot of my reading. The iron benches are hard to get used to! The library is behind the camera.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment