Saturday, February 16, 2013

SATURDAY

. . . . . .I was late getting up this morning and when I did I found Natalia cooking up a storm in the kitchen. I was told that we were having friends stop by for breakfast about 9:30 or 10:00. I said, “OK, that means closer to Eleven” To which she answered “No, these are Americans”. Four couples arrived, all on time and we had a party on the patio. Three of the couples are from Minnesota and one from Abbotsford, B.C. Natalia does a great job entertaining people, serving food well prepared and very tasty. The last couple left at noon after the four of us cleaned up the kitchen. It was not long after that that Natalia left to go shopping with Natalia Three and Natalia Four. I lay down to read and woke up about 4pm, well rested and in the mood for a bowl of ice cream. That was when the three of them came by for a potty stop and we visited for five minutes. Natalia Four is now five years old and presents herself very properly; she claimed to remember me from last year.
These guys are doing their best but I have never seen anyone catch one from the shore. Maybe one, all in all they have as much luck as I do on the Cowlitz.
 This is three pictures all stitched end to end. It is a long walk from the Malecon out to the point. Reminds me of the great wall of China.
Southwest Coast of the peninsula
South Bay on the left, Pacific Ocean on the right and the University at the foot of the hill on the right. To the left of the University you can see their ocean going vessel the scientests use to study the ocean. Last year I climbed the hill to the light house but there is not much up there, pretty quiet really, nice view though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment