Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WEDNESDAY



. . . . . I walked south on the Mali can again today. It has been blocked off a few hundred yards from Natalia’s place so the Parade Floats will be able to assemble prior to the first of two big Carnaval parades this weekend. I spent an hour and a half enjoying lunch at El Befi. I arrived home earlier than usual because the burrito I ate was way too much food for me. It made me sleepy. I carried half of it home for lunch tomorrow. I stopped by the Centro market for some oranges and two boxes of cereal on the way back to the house. Never did get my daily dose of ice cream, I was too full for that too.
This first pic is a panorama of the area I walked through today. The area at the right end of the picture is where the Parade floats will begin to gather on Sunday afternoon. From the looks of things it appears the first floats will start from the point of land at the other end of the picture. I felt last year that the distance between the last and first floats was over two miles. When the parade begins they will be traveling in the direction the camera is pointed. On Monday they will repeat the parade but they will be returning from the Gold Zone that you can barely make out four or five miles away in the distance.. . . . The second picture is one of the lighthouse at the southern most point of the MZT Peninsula. I used to be an island but has since been connected to the land by the causeway you can detect on the left end of the picture. The University of Mexico Ocean Studies Facility, where Natalia works is directly in front of the camera, perhaps the enlarged picture [click on it] will bring that out.
It is at the far end of the causeway.
This view gives one an idea of what the shoreline is like South of the really nice beaches. It certainly points out the need for a lighthouse. This area is not much more than a mile from Old Town Centro District. Perhaps six miles from the Gold Zone that you may be able to make out to the right of the three islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment