Thursday, February 14, 2013

THURSDAY


. . . . . My Brother, Leonard, In Shreveport mailed me a Birthday card on January 17th. He wanted to see how long it would take to get here. I remember telling him it would take a month. It arrived today. As Natalia says, ‘It’s Mexico, Cliff”. I left the house around ten again today to do some shopping and wandering around. I braved the cool sea breeze and had lunch on the Malecon. I spent an hour reading and relaxing while putting away another great Tuna Salad. This was Olivia’s day to come do the housekeeping and laundry so I was in no hurry to get back to the house. It was shortly after 4pm when I finally arrived. I read for a while before eating a bowl of ice cream prior to sitting down at the computer to post the blog. The pictures today will begin a serious of various shots I have taken around town since having arrived.
This is a back corner of a cozy restaurant I wandered into one day.
This is the gate to the University Annex where Natalia works.

The 'speed bump' is a length of heavy rope that is usually used to tie up ocean going vessels to the dock. Every one slows down for it!

The fleet is in. They usually are back in 'port' before I get out there each day.

This fisherman cleans the fish and sells them right where he stands. His work must be finished because the Pelicans are keeping their distance. They know there will be no more breakfast today.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment