Friday, February 22, 2013

FRIDAY


. . . . .  . . This turned out to be a very lazy day. I walked to the Central Area and stopped at a few park benches along the way to continue reading ‘Uncle Tom’s Cabin’. At one time I was close to the Malecon but I could feel the sea breeze and ducked back behind some buildings to dodge that experience. I stopped by the church to get a picture inside but it was being used at the time so I will put that off until later. I had lunch at Karan’s in Central Market and returned to the house about 2:30. My daily afternoon nap was refreshing and I never did get out again.
A friendly little guy I found taking it easy in the shade.
The story behind this pic is that I walked by him at 10AM one day last week just as he was starting this project. When I came back by at 2PM he was in the process of finishing up. A couple of stencils and two spray cans of paint would have the job done in ten minutes at home. This was done free hand and I am sure he got a full days wages for the job. I walk buy the decal every day and have yet to step on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment