Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TUESDAY


. . . . . . . .I awoke this morning and discovered my watch had died so I needed to get a new battery today. Also when I turned on my laptop I found that the battery in the wireless mouse was also kaput. Luckily I had brought extra batteries with me for that. I found a street vendor selling batteries and he changed my watch battery for me. I then found a nice park bench and read for a long time before wandering over to the Malecon and trying a new restaurant. The chicken salad was good and they had Blue Cheese dressing to go with it. I was there for over an hour reading and relaxing. I walked home via the beach front and stopped a couple of times to sit still and listen to the waves crashing on the rocks far below. It is peaceful here but one does have to get used to a lot of traffic noise from the Malecon. I have learned to tune it out. I considered pulling my belt one notch closer but after trying it I changed my mind. I was back at the house and by 4PM was enjoying a bowl of ice cream, which is one of the reasons the belt did not need shortening, I suppose.
The little park near Natalia's place is under repair. Mostly hand labor, few power tools are in sight.

This shows the entire Park. Natalia lives two bocks past the red building on the right.
The picture below is the original main church in Old Town, I have been inside and it is very impressive!

2 comments:

  1. What is the name of the church in the picture?
    Can you take and post a few pictures from inside? How old is it?
    THANKS.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is dark inside, I will try for pictures though.

    ReplyDelete