Sunday, February 10, 2013

SUNDAY


 
.. . . . . Natalia explained that the parade floats are going to congregate on the Mali can right at the end of her street before the actual marching and advancing begin. I walked out there about 10 am and found the Mali can to be completely closed to traffic and many plastic chairs set up for a few of the first comers to sink in to. I also walked South to where I was last night and watched many of the sound stages being dismantled. At noon I stopped in at the Dona Mary restaurant again for an hour of lunch and reading before going back to the house to drop off my book. I would not be using that again today and did not need the bother of carrying it around with me. I was back on the street by 2pm snapping a few pictures of ‘unmanned floats’. The pretty ladies and guys began arriving later. The parade was long enough, I am sure they did not wish to get there too early and be tired of it all even before the Parade started.. . . .  After the parade did start I was able to get some very nice pictures of the lighted floats. When I got back to the house about 6:30 I found a large bowl of freshly made soup at my place at the table. It had been there long enough to need a minute in the microwave. It was delicious soup and when Natalia came out of her room a few minutes later I told her she did a good job. She laughed at that and was pleased that I liked it. I have so many pictures to post that I will only use a few each day that I feel tells the story of my sunshine filled days this winter. I will attempt to post small ones and see if they enlarge properly when I click on them. So far I have been posting ‘large’ and they work fine. Let’s see what happens when I post ‘small’ pictures.
This is the start, you may be able to see the arm that is asking the vehicle to come forward but the army of people have not yet cleared the way. They had forgotten to put the police car and siren in front.
Naturally Pacifico is first in line, they are paying for a big share of the shindig. Some of the pics were taken before the pretty ladies had boarded.
The theme is Movies and I have no idea what movie this is from.
 This one does not fool me though.
They wanted their picture taken, I took it.
Toy Story?
You tell me.
You can tell by the lighted floats at the bottom that there is still a long way to go.
On stilts, both of them.
Not long before the parade starts and then this! Poor guys! But they got it all together just in time!These Ladies are used to the camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment