Friday, February 8, 2013

FRIDAY



. . . . . .I walked into Old Town today looking for the LEY Market but realized after a while that the LEY Market was many miles away. I will make that jaunt next week perhaps. I had lunch at Macaws and was there for an hour and a half reading. Macaws is one block from the South end of the Mali can so I strolled in that direction just to see what was going on. I have decided that this is where I want to be Sunday afternoon because the big Party/Parade begins here. I took several pictures that will require some explaining and also I must apologize for the fact that what I was really trying to show you is the amount of preparation going on around there. All of the work and temporary construction really does not show because I never got really close up pictures. Take my word for it the Mali can in stuffed full of sound stages and large speakers. . . . . I was not content with that short walk so I continued on my way to the Gold Zone and stopped in at the Mega Market to buy a 100 peso tub of ice cream. With that in hand and four miles from home I caught a bus back to the house.
This first pic is looking North on the Mali can. It has been limited to North bound traffic only. This is a close look at some of the temporary stage construction going on. 
 
 
 The beer bars are loaded and primed with block of ice. This is 48 hours before the big party is to begin.
 

The ice delivery is by 50 and 100 pound blocks of ice, chipped off to fit on top of the cans of beer.

This view looks back toward the first picture I had taken. I was hoping that all of the workers efforts would show up but I am too far away from anything to see it well.
 

She is chipping the ice and laying it on top of the cans of beer that are inside foam boxes.

I am again looking North toward the Gold Zone about four miles away where the parade will end Sunday night and begin again [coming back] on Monday night.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment