Thursday, February 7, 2013

THURSDAY



. . . . . . Today is the first day of CARNAVAL but all of the important festivities must be inside because all I found in my travels today was a very large supply of Pacifico Beer products being delivered to various locations about the parade route. Pacifico is sponsoring the shindig again this year so you can bet their beer is being TOP Dog in delivery. Today I walked to the area where the floats will be assembled. I was expecting to find a lot of activity but no such luck. There were many 18 wheelers loaded with the needed equipment but no sign of unloading any of it. The Parade will be Late Sunday afternoon so I expect to find something going on in the next day or so. Perhaps I will walk back up there again tomorrow. There is a rumor going around that Corona/Pacifico will be closing their bottling plant here in Mazatlan this year. That is really going to hit the area hard. The cruise ships stopped coming two years ago too, it is a sad time for the city.
This is a spot I don't remember seeing last year. A very tall peak right at the edge of Old Town an I am sure that on the other side of it is the ocean. I could have taken a picture from further back but there were many wires, street lights and miscelliaaous stuff in the way to make a good picture.
Behind the camera is the ocean, this is the restaurant that has the great Tuna Salad and Tortilla Soup that I over indulged in one day last week. Down that street to the left is the Library and Macawas restaurant. The bridge is now blocked at both ends, evedently no longer safe. It is directly above the Mali can about a mile South of Natalias house. This is the spot on the Mali can where the Parade will be joined up prior to the start.
The above is two pics of the same work of art above the oceans edge and next to the Malican; the two nudes are over 12 feet high I imagine. The Mali can bends to the right around the buildings in the background.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment