Sunday, February 24, 2013

SUNDAY


.. . . . . . Poor Natalia, she got to bed late last night after her laugh filled party and early this morning she was called and told that her Mom is not doing well. She jumped in the car and rushed over there to see what she could do. She arrived back at the house just before ten am and told me her Mom is OK in the mind but just does not have the strength to get out of bed. Natalia had taken her ‘juicer’ along with her [I had noticed it was missing from the kitchen] and created a breakfast for her that she could drink. She is happy to drink the juicy things, whatever they might be but does not wish to chew on anything. Natalia was very tired and told me she was going back to bed. I told her I was on my way out for the day and to expect me back later. . . . .  I had no intention of walking to the Gold Zone but by noon I found myself at Burger King having one of those 2,000 calorie lunches they are so famous for. After leaving there over an hour later {I had been reading} I stepped on the first bus that came by and ended up at the end of the line called Cerritos. This is the same place Nancy Morgan and I had lunch last year. I had posted pictures on YouTube. I took a few more pictures today and made panoramas out of them and will post them below. I found a bar there that had the Daytona Race so I got to watch the last twenty laps of that. The waiter asked me what I wanted to drink and I ordered a chocolate Sunday. Fifty Pesos, counting the tip. One of the Americans next to me asked if the ice cream was good and I told him it was delicious. He seemed to get a kick out of that. The bar backs up to a RV Park full of Diesel Pusher Motorhomes from the U.S. and Canada. I caught a bus and got back to the house about 4:30; Natalia was not here. I imagine she is with her Mother. The weather was overcast today but not cool, a nice day for strolling the four miles on the Malecon. The first picture was taken on the Malecon. There was a foot race and a bicycle race running at the same time on the Southern end of the street so it was very quiet and the crashing waves were very relaxing as I walked along.
I think most of the Bike racers had already returned by the time I got there.
The inside of the Gold Zone Burger King.
To the left of this building is the RV Park. This is Cerritos in its entirety, like a tourist trap for the RV Park visitors.
I walked past the shops out on to the beach then looked back and took this picture.
The buildings way in the distant are in the Gold Zone, beyond that is the Lightouse. The nearest large building is a Resort Hotel for Rich Americans and such.
Can you see the error in this stitch? This again, is the back of the Cerritos shopping area looking East toward the mainland.

No comments:

Post a Comment