Tuesday, February 5, 2013

TUESDAY


. . . . . I did a lot of walking today. I would guess 5 miles, perhaps more than that. I first of all got my laundry caught up so I didn’t leave the house until 11am. I had written a couple of postcards so I carried them South to the post office about a mile for Mexican postage then after adding U.S. postage put them in the going out box. I then walked north to the Central Market to get some lunch and to read for about an hour. After eating and reading I walked north to the house and dropped of some purchases I had made then got out on the Mali can for another hour walk to the liquor store. I was looking for Mescal [with the worm in it] but I was not successful. I may have to go back to the same dealer I got it from last year but that was too far today so it can wait. I took several pictures today that I will post and explain as I go.
The patio area above the buses is the eating area of the Central Market. That is where I sit for lunch when I am visiting the area. The traffic noise is bad but at the same time exciting, horns are a very important part of driving in MZT. Click the pictures to enlarge.
This fisherman was a late arrival this morning and the only one still cleaning fish as I took this pic early afternoon. The Pelicans are very patient, they know their share is on the way.

The liquor store I visited is the white building across the street from Marilyn Monroe. This is one of the many presentations on the Mali can this year. I think the theme this year is 'Stars'. Hollywood type. I think the clown is a Mexican entertainment hero.
This may be a repeat of a previous picture that I posted on the Blog. I am trying not to show repeats but that does not mean I won't.
This Hotel is building a viewing stand for its guests to use while enjoying the parade that is coming by in a couple of days. The thing that attracted me was the building materials they used. These are not your everday 4X4's or 2X4's. Perhaps upon elargement you can see that they are small tree trunks cut to fit. This is a low budget hotel.
This is the Monument to the man that introduced the little taxi to MZT many years ago.

A couple of birds who stop by to help me eat my ice cream, they have no fear of walking on my shoe if it gets them closer to a tasy morsel before one of the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment