Saturday, September 24, 2011

Open Letter


Office of the President
Jiffy Lube International
PO Box 4427
Houston, Texas
77210-4458
 Dear Sir,
 On February 16, 2011 I had my 1994 Thunderbird serviced by your Kelso, Washington Store. They sold me on the idea of flushing out the radiator and installing new coolant. During the flushing process they failed to open the lower petcock on the radiator. None of the debris they had promised to remove ever left the radiator. It all packed together in the bottom of the radiator and after driving about 100 miles the car became dangerously overheated and left me stranded on the side of the road. I had to pay to be towed to R&R Motors in Castle Rock, Washington where it was determined that the terribly overheated  engine was badly damaged but repairable.
       The cost of those repairs amounted to $2281.45.
I expect your company to make good on this.
       I went back to your manager in Kelso and found him to be very sympathetic. He made copies of his original invoice and the one I had from R&R Motors and forwarded them to the Portland Oregon office of your company. Nothing was heard from that office. Twice more during the summer I went back to Kelso and each time the manager was most unhappy that nothing had been done so he again sent copies to the Portland Office.
       By September first I was getting tired of being ignored by your people so I painted a 6 inch lettered sign on the back of my Thunderbird reading JIFFY LUBE SUCKS. I drove into the Kelso Store parking area and asked the manager to see the sign. He immediately ordered me off the property. I have since then been doing my daily running around with that sign on my car. It is my intent to continue driving with that sign as it is. Perhaps you may want to look into this unhappy customers complaint, no one in Portland seems to give a big rats a… I have been waiting seven months.
    Thanking you in advance for your very professional help. Kelso invoice #11021600314177.
Clifford A Elford
Kelso, Washington
98626

No comments:

Post a Comment