Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday/Thursday. . . . . .I did not arrive home until after 11PM last night, way too late to post anything on the blog. This morning I got started too late even to turn the puter on so here I am Thursday evening trying to get both days reported. Wednesday Terri and I ran off to Silverton Falls to take a few pictures and that was after we had stopped at a couple of Flower Farms to see what they had growing. We walked through acres and acres of flowers. I must have snapped 200 pictures, some of which will turn out fine but many others will not because of the cloud cover we had to contend with. I believe the most interesting part of the day was watching a wedding couple near the foot of the two hundred? foot waterfall posing for pictures. The couple was walking around in the water, barefooted and the man taking the pictures was positioning himself as well as he could wearing his street shoes in water well over ankle deep. The wedding dress had to be a mess. It was hard to tell because we were at the top of the falls looking down on the proceedings. They certainly were making memories down there! After leaving there Terri phoned Aunt Jean and Ben to see what they were up to and Jean invited us to stop in for Stir Fry and we stayed way too late. It had turned out to be a fun day!
This morning, Thursday, I got up late and had a hair appointment at 9:45 so I rushed to that then returned home long enough to make a survey of the refrigerator, noting the shortages on a grocery list. I then rushed to the hospital lab for my Protime check, 2.6, and got to the bowling alley in time to order a chili dog and a dinner salad. I barely had time to finish that when our annual bowling meeting started. After the meeting and the paying of our annual dues the team I am on decided to do some bowling. It took almost three hours to bowl 2 lines each. I had a 120 and a 148. It was three o’clock by the time I got to Safeway to purchase enough to  stock up the fridge. I had some cookies and milk while watching O’Reilly, that was dinner, before finally sitting down here to get this little report off to you all. Terri has a little family gathering in Hawaii this December so she feels perhaps she may not be able to go to Mazatlan with me after all. I am thinking of January, February and March or part of those three months. Anybody out there want to share expenses and go along? I will have a small apartment with two double beds, Oh, yes, I snore quite loudly these days, keep that in mind. I have no idea what the Airlines charge but I was told by a friend that it is about the same as flying to the east coast. . . . .  I have not heard back from Jiffy Lube, he told me he would call Monday or Tuesday. That was 4-5 days ago. You best not do business with that company.

No comments:

Post a Comment