Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday

My day was nothing to write home about, the river is quite stirred up but I drove down there with my book without knowing so I sat in the nice sunshine for three hours anyway. It would have been a great surprise to have caught a fish but that was not in the cards.
I started Dostoevsky's THE IDIOT and got to page 9 after three hours. I have to mention that the introduction, written by Joseph Frank, was 41 pages long. That took a long time to read because he had to impress the world with every big word he could think of to introduce the book. I am glad that Dostoevsky wrote for the masses.
I was home shortly after 3PM and had O'Reilly on at 5 after eating an apple and cheese. I have started work on the 160 or so pictures I have taken since Alaska, the most are flower pictures taken in Early September.
The 'cousins' get together in Olympia are among the group also. My flash was not working properly that day because there was too much light coming in those very large windows so most have to be deleted. I know how to remedy that and will try to remember next time. It is most difficult to take a snapshot when the light is behind the subject.
I had the same problem Sunday when taking pictures of Danika at the grape stomp. She was about ten feet above me and I had to shoot into the sky to get her picture stomping grapes. I will edit them best I can and hope to salvage something out of the day.
Tomorrow is Bowling day, I hope to do really well but you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment