Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday

I was awake about 5:30 but my bedroom window does not look out on the wonderful sunrises around here. The sunsets are usually nice and some are really beautiful but most of the time I miss those too. I think I fell asleep and got up after 7:00. Par for the corse for this kid.
I spent more time on my Second Part One of the Alaska pictures. Another day or so and I will be removing the original part one on Youtube and replacing it with the better presentation. It has all of the Panoramas I had forgotten the first time around. After lunch I drove into town and bought a new bedroom telephone, the old one I had has a dead battery and the replacement is not to be found because of the age of the telephone. Now I have a new phone by the bed and a slave to that one installed in the bathroom. It only cost me twice what the battery would have cost had I found one. While in the store I also bought a tube of that paint that is used to write messages on windshields; For sale, prices, and stuff like that. I wrote JIFFY LUBE SUCKS on the back window and drove to the bowling alley.
I bowled 6 lines and the best was 144 and the worse was 88. I was trying out new delivery positions on the alley and aiming at the spot rather than attempting to knock over the pins. Hitting my spot is my biggest problem. Each time I hit the spot with 10 pins standing I get a very well placed ball. Oh, well, more practice.
After leaving the bowling alley I drove to Jiffy Lube and parked the car by backing in so they could see the art work. The manager was not in so I asked them to tell him that the guy with the 94 Thunderbird had stopped by. At the same time I pointed at the car. Their jaws dropped and one of them laughed. I told them I had been driving around Longview all morning and now I was headed for Castle Rock. They promised to give the manager the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment