Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday

My day was very quiet as well as nice and warm. I spent three hours at the river but forgot to take my book. I would have stayed longer if I had had the book but as it was I lost another sinker so I also lost interest. No sign of a fish anywhere on the river. . . .I have to mention that I really noticed a lot of geese flying south today, I can not remember that many in any other year, I hope they are making a comeback. I would like to see thousands rather than hundreds making the trip every day. I stopped by the market on the way home and bought some fried chicken thighs and potato salad for dinner. Actually there is enough for two dinners. I also stocked up on ice-cream. I still have two peaches left in the fridge and I love sliced fresh peaches and ice cream.
The rain is to begin tomorrow, I did get several drops on the windshield as I was driving toward the river today. The roads were wet at one point but I was spared the wet stuff all of the time I was out. The radar picture at the moment shows no rainfall between here and the coast. That works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment