Monday, February 3, 2014

MONDAY

.. .. .. .. ... Monday was the day Mexico celebrates their Constitution. Actual Constitution Day is on the Fifth of February but they celebrate on Monday so they get a long weekend. The day turned out to be an extension of yesterday, pretty quiet with a few more than usual at the beach enjoying the warm water and waves. I left the house about 9:30 and walked to the library. Since the library is an American thing they were open today. That is not the case on July 4. Natalia's friend, Gary, from Abbotsford B.C. was clerking today. I have met him several times and it was nice to see him again. After checking out another book I walked to the Malicon and journeyed North, back toward the house. After stopping for a while to get a good start on my book I arrived at Donna Mary's mom and pop restaurant around the corner from Natalia's place. I continued my book for an hour and a half and had lunch. I stopped by the house and 1:30 and slept for an hour before continuing my stroll around town...By 3:30 I found myself at a favorite ice cream stand and enjoyed dessert with my book. I arrived back home about 5PM and I noticed that the temperature was dropping considerably. The breeze reminded me that this is a ocean side city. It reminded me of Haystack Rock on a cool summer evening in August. Natalia was napping when I got home, she had had a rough week and the extra time for relaxation was much needed.
A statue outside the main church in Old Town. If you can see them their heads are covered with pin- like 'hairs' standing straight up to discourage birds from resting there and doing what birds are well known for doing.
I was most pleased to discover this 1933 Chevrolet parked beside the church. Natalia mentioned that she has seen it several times too. It is used for transportation for newlyweds who wish to hire it on their wedding day.
Now  I wish I had been on the other side of the car when snapping the picture of the interior.

This is taken on the sidewalk outside the Main market in town. There are dozens of 'booths' just like it on the inside but since there seems to be no law against it they set one up in the street too.

No comments:

Post a Comment