Thursday, February 27, 2014

THURSDAY

...................I walked North on the Malicon as far as the Mir Mar Hotel and took pictures of 'Shorty' Guzman's last known address before being captured. I will post them in a few days. I then walked to Old Town for lunch and a couple of hours of reading. I am sure I put at least four miles on the old shoes today. I made up for all of those used calories by buying another ice cream before coming home. My bad.

This is one of the families to whom a new house was given because the lake took the old one. It contains all modern conveniences and is well constructed. However..........
This is where the lady of the house prefers to do her cooking, on a wood burning fire covered with a large piece of metal. Can you see the parrot? It is free to come and go as he pleases.
This is the fire pit in the rear of the previous picture. The weather is so nice around here that the family finds this to be the daytime living area.
This little lady is a natural in front of a camera. She holds a pose beautifully and is pleased each time a picture is taken.
This must be the night time security because he was asleep all the time we were there.
The doors of  the house were open so it would not have surprised me to have found some of these guys inside. They seem to appreciate the shaded patio.


No comments:

Post a Comment