Tuesday, February 25, 2014

TUESDAY

.............I was on the streets by 9:30 this morning. The weather was overcast but far from cool. The breeze coming in off the beach was very welcome. Many of Natalia's friends have been commenting on how little winter we are experiencing this year. You certainly will not hear me complaining. I took a bus over to Walmart this morning. This is the first time I have done that this year. My plan was to buy a new electric shaver. I guessed the prices would be a bit less here than at home. The problem I ran into is that no such animal is sold by Walmart in MZT. After arriving back in the Central Area I looked for a shop that might have such a product but to my surprise there was none. I then stopped by Paulines for lunch, eating too much, of course, and read for two hours. I then walked home arriving around 4:30. Natalia came by about 5pm saying that she was not really home and was going back to work. She also told me she would be in late tonight and would see me tomorrow. That was my day.
These 'cabins' are being built by one of the local people to rent out to tourists, mainly from Mexico City. They are on the waters edge with good fishing available. These facilities have all of the modern conveniences and are very well built. However, you must be willing to 'rough it' to get to them and you almost have to bring all of your own food. I never did see a grocery store in town.
This is their idea of a two lane highway going toward the lake.
You can tell there has been a lack of precipitation this year because the lake is rather low. I am not sure you can see it but there is a boat out there somewhere, a small fishing boat.
The dock is high and dry.

Natalia asked to be shown around because she would like to plan a 'hike' for all of her Gringo friends one day and we agree this would be a great place to bring them. More reasons will  become apparent as I post pictures in days to come. There were almost a dozen pickups parked in this area, all fishermen out on there boats enjoying the nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment