Tuesday, February 18, 2014

TUESDAY

. . . . . . . Natalia had workers in first thing this morning to pretty up the patio. It has long needed cleaning, patching and painting. I left about 10:30 and returned by 4:00. The repairs to the walls had been done and the patches were still drying. I think it will be ready for painting in a day or so. . . . I found a new spot for lunch but they only sell tacos and little things. I ordered two tacos but decided later that was not enough so I used that as an excuse  to stop by the ice cream stand and get two scoops of Strawberry in a cup. The tacos were good and it was quite in there plus the owner speaks better English than I do Spanish so perhaps I will return.
A picture of the main church in Old Town. The cornerstone was laid in 1876 and it took  almost ten years to finish it. I took several nice pictures of it last year too. They are on Youtube.
This is the scene from the main entrance and the next two are the West side of the building and the East side. The large, main market in town is across the street and North one block from the East side picture.

Turning around from where I took this picture is the view from the steps from the church looking South down
  the street that services the great market. Therefore the busses lined up for the shoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment