Sunday, February 23, 2014

SUNDAY

.......................I walked South on the Malican today. There were more people than usual on the beach, it was a good beach day with not a cloud in the sky and the temperatures warm enough for sunbathing. I had lunch on the sidewalk across the square from the Machado Hotel and finished another book. The walk home took me by Central Market so I was able to watch the Sunday shoppers catch their buses with their arms full of goodies. I purchased some shoe pads from a pharmacy close by and arrived home near 3PM. I decided to read for a while and woke up when Natalia returned at 5PM. She had been out to lunch with her brother and was very pooped from the weekend for she decided to take a nap before beginning her Sunday afternoon cooking. I decided to come to my room and post my blog.
This is a panorama of the dam and spillway. The water for the city is carried away in a huge pipe largely buried underground for its journey to the city.
 
 

 
We took a different route home because we wished to visit the city that had been built by the government to take the place of the one the lake covered.
This is high on a hill overlooking the lake. I am not sure this house is one of the new homes provided by the Government but there is no doubt the street is. This is too far from anywhere to afford these streets from local taxes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment