Thursday, February 20, 2014

THURSDAY

.  .  .  .  .  .I was a half mile from the house before I discovered I had forgotten my camera. My plan was to go to Stone Island today and take a few pictures so I reversed myself and retrieved the camera. It must be about three miles over there, not counting the 300 yards in the boat taxi. That and the three miles back totals to almost and maybe more than seven miles for the day. I had a nice lunch on the beach in the shade, the waves were making their wave sounds while I ate. It was relaxing. I also drank two beers while reading, they cost me 90 pesos, same as the meal. It was a tasty meal of fried chicken covered with a sweet sauce. I took a few pictures, I have a few dozen in the camera now so it is about time to empty it and start doing some editing. The pics I'm posting today are the last of the few remaining available.
This would make a real neat 'Haunted House'. It looks like it was originally a one family mansion.
This is the side entrance. I would bet that the place was built on a very large lot in Old Town but the city has now pushed itself right up to it.
A couple of tacos purchased about 200 yards from Natalia's house. Tacos are eaten with a spoon in Mexico. I have yet to see a hard shell taco. I made the mistake of ordering a 'cola' with the tacos, meaning Pepsi or Coke but in Mexico Cola is their Cola. It has a thick, syrupy texture, way sweeter than Coca Cola or Pepsi.
Another friendly little guy enjoying the warm sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment