Friday, February 28, 2014

FRIDAY

.................I walked two miles today, picked up another book at the library, had a nice Chef Salad for lunch and got a haircut. The barber is the same lady I have gone to the past two years. She remembered me and waved as I was walking in. Just like old home week. I told her I would be back next year and hopefully ten more after that. The City is starting to perk up for Carnaval this weekend, band stands going up at many locations and viewing stands all along the Malicon are making an appearance for the big parade on Sunday night and again on Monday. The military is out in force and I am sure many Federal officers are on hand also. This is a really big deal for this town. A great chance for lots of pictures!
The chickens seem to enjoy the outdoor kitchen and are most happy to pick up any scraps available.
This appears to be an oven from many eons ago.

 The birds enjoy the shade, the temperature was close to 90 on this day and this is in the winter!
Two owls captured when young, there are many people in the area who are not happy with this farmer for keeping these animals locked up but they do look well fed and cared for. When Natalia arranges a hike in this area this will be one of the farms she wants to include.
The parrot squawked once while I was there, he is loud but I suppose he only speaks Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment