Tuesday, February 4, 2014

TUESDAY

. . . . . . . Natalia left early again this morning, lots of work to get caught up on. I left the house about 9:45 after doing what I could to clean up the kitchen and doing my laundry. I also got in a shower. I left my book and camera behind because my main reason for getting out was to buy some bananas, cereal, raisins, milk--stuff like that for my breakfasts. I returned home about 11am and after putting my stuff away I packed my camera and book and headed out again. I was able to sit in the sun and read today, the sea breeze is beginning to be a bit like winter in MZT. I went to the Market and sat outside in the shade for lunch, again it was cool but I braved it, I doubt the temperature got below 70. My only mistake today was accidently ordering a double dip ice cream in a cup. It turned out not to be chocolate like I had thought. It was coffee flavored. I ate it but I am sorry I did, I still have the taste in my mouth. I spent almost and hour eating it and reading my book. A Lee Childs novel. If you like non stop adventure in  cities big and small give him a try. His main character is Jack Reacher and he is one tough drifter. He does good deeds and kicks the dickens out of the bad guys.
I saw this family wanted poster in the park and it reminded me of the guy who was living on the side walk. The next time I saw him awake I asked him if it was him and I think he knew enough English to sheeplessy admit to it. He said his name was Roberto like the name on the bottom of the sign. I asked him if he ran away from home and he appeared embarresed but something that I took for 'well not really'.
This is the third day in a row I had caught him asleep about 11am on the same stretch of sidewalk.
On the eighth or ninth day I stopped to talk to him. I asked if I could take his picture and after straightening his clothes and moving his shades to the top of his head he struck this pose for me.
Today I sat next to him on a park bench to read but he did not seem to remember me and I did not force the issue. He is a harmless old guy and certainly has not missed many meals.
Unlike this young fella who, I am sure does not weigh much over 90 pounds and looks like he had not had a meal in weeks. He walks among the crowds and talks to himself a lot. I have yet to attempted a conversation with him. I guess him to be about five feet tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment