Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WEDNESDAY

..................I walked two hours to the Gold Zone today before stopping for lunch. I had my book with me so it took two hours to finish my meal. I spent the next hour continuing my walk North before catching a bus and getting delivered twenty feet from the front door of Natalia's house. I arrived back shortly before 4PM. There were a lot of clouds, thick ones, all day and at times I noticed a rain drop on my arms. The temperature was mild to warm; I found it to be fine walking weather.

Remember to click on the pictures. Better view that way.
Here we have the patio side of one of the cabins that faces the lake. Three or four of them face the lake and the other three or four face the city a couple of miles away. At the time the pictures were taken the owner was waiting for the State to hook up the electricity.
 

This pic shows how distant the cabins are from each other, the next pic is taken from the patio of the first house showing the panorama view from that location.

This is the view from the cabins that do not face the lake. On the side of the hill is the new town built by the State for the folks who had been displaced by the dam. Before they lived on flat fertile ground good for growing things. Not so much now.

This is also some new construction made of bricks supplied by the mud around the lake. I have no idea what it will be used for. I am not sure it even belongs to the same property the cabins set on.
A better picture of the gasoline station; after further examination I have decided this must be a gravity fed dispersal station. That hose, the handle of which is laying in the dirt, is not connected to any pump handle that I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment