Monday, February 24, 2014

MONDAY

....................I got my laundry caught up this morning and after  breakfast cleaned up the kitchen. I left the house around 10:30 for my daily walk around town. Today I strolled beyond the Malicon south to the University Facility taking a few pictures as I went. This is the first time this year I have walked along the beach all the way south. Not much has changed, I could use the same pictures I took two years ago. I had a tuna salad for lunch and on the way home stopped for two scoops of Strawberry iced cream. I arrived home about 4:30, it was a long walk.
This first picture is a long shot of the new town that was built for the folks that were displaced because of the dam construction.
This is a picture of the local gasoline station. The tank is that large white monster standing this side of the building. I have a closer picture I will post later. The tank is operated with a hand crank and holds about 500 gallons.
 These folks turned their garage into the local store, I think the gas station sold candy and such but this is a bit better stocked and they have a refrigerator
 This guy is in charge of store security, evidently he works nights because he was asleep all the while Natalia and I were there.
The two on the right are the owner and his wife. The other guy is the son of one of the farmers down the street whom we visited with later.

 I had to lighten the picture to get the details, I may have overdone it but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment