Friday, January 24, 2014

EIGHTY AND COUNTING

. . . . . . . Natalia had breakfast all ready on the table when I got up this morning. It was a Birthday present from her. She also gave me a fancy bookmark she had made, she knows very well it is going to get a lot of use! Because of her cooking she was a bit late leaving for work so I took it upon myself to clean up the kitchen. A cement mason came by about 9:30, Natalia is raising her Patio wall another four feet so the neighbors can no longer look down on her patio. Because the property line is the neighbors wall too she has actually sealed off two of their windows. No more fresh air for them. I reminded her that the neighbors will not be pleased. Her answer was, "They are going to hate me forever." I left the house in the hands of the worker and walked to the park to sit and read my Birthday away. I stopped by Macaw's for a cold beer and finished my book. I then ordered lunch and while the order was being filled I walked across the street and checked out another Lee Child mystery. I read for another hour while finishing lunch. I strolled home, arriving about 4PM. The work on the wall was finished, I will post pictures one day soon. Natalia told me she would see me in the morning, I guess she has a hot date since it is Friday and the work week is over.
The City Library, nice campus. I have another picture but it is still in the camera evidently.
This wall is used to keep the hill side from washing away into the city below. It is a very narrow street and the buses come through here much faster than is safe. It is a one way street, I'm sure that is a life saver.
At the high point of the hill the steps will be found. It is a short cut to the properties above.
Many stones have fallen or have been removed from the wall, now the birds have taken over and used them as living apartments. The wall must be close to twenty feet high at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment