Sunday, January 26, 2014

SUNDAY

. . . . . . .Natalia was busy cooking us breakfast this morning when the phone rang. Her daughter {Natalia} invited her over to her house for breakfast. It was just a couple of minutes after the call that she told me my breakfast was on the table but she was leaving for her daughters house. . . . . The breakfast was very good and she was leaving about the time I finished it. . . . . .I had taken another furosemide earlier so I stayed around the house until noon then left with my book. I did a lot of reading again, the sun was bright through a thin cloud cover but I only needed a T-shirt. I had a chicken salad for lunch and wandered home again arriving about 5 pm. Natalia was on the patio visiting with two lady friends I had met last year. There were pots and pans all around the kitchen, Natalia had been cooking when they arrived. Just another fine day in Mazatlan. . . . .Last night when she got home she told me she had been to a very small party of friends one of whom brought a friend of his. The mans name was Carlos Santana, a famous guitar player. I had to admit that I did not recognise the name but she said he has been a music star for years in the US. She was thrilled to have met him.
My favorite scene of Mazatlan, Gold Zone to the left and nearing Old Town going right. 

The orange sign to the right is above a restaurant I frequent at the south end of the Malicon.
Appears to be beach towels hanging to dry. This scene is close to the beach.
Another friendly little critter I discovered in my travels.

1 comment:

  1. OMG We are BIG FANS of Santana; Smooth,Maria, Maria; Black Magic Woman; Oye Como Va...many many more....Love him!!! He recently was in Portland and found an old band member and they got back together to play. We Really wish we were there THIS year. Wasnt it Carlos Santana that kept every guitar he ever used?

    ReplyDelete