Thursday, January 30, 2014

THURSDAY

. . . . . . . .Oliva [the cleaning lady] and her daughter arrived about 9AM so I didn't stick around too long after that. I spent all day sitting on various park benches watching people and reading my book. I had a nice lunch and afterward I bought a Spanish language comic book. I am going to use that and a dictionary to practice reading Spanish. It might help me learn how to speak  the language too. I watched a guy on a bicycle almost get creamed by a car that pulled out in front of him yesterday, he yelled 'Why oh' at the driver. I asked Natalia what that meant and she said 'stupid or bastard, something like that'. I caught on to that pretty quick. Of course that sort of thing is seldom used in everyday conversation so I am sure I will forget it rather quickly.
This is looking South from Gold Zone toward Old Town, four miles away.
This stuff is expensive in Gold Zone, that's a comma after the 3. Priced in pesos of course.


Three shots of Old Town graffiti, actually Old Town, even all of Mazatlan is really quite free of this stuff. I think the police frown on it and you might just disappear for awhile if you get caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment