Thursday, January 23, 2014

THURSDAY

. . . . . . Olivia, [Natalia's weekly house keeper] arrived five minutes after Natalia left this morning, 8:30, so I quickly dressed, grabbed a breakfast bar that I keep handy for such occasions and left the house to start my day. Olivia brought her older teen age daughter along so I expected they would not be too long. Natalia's place is not really large. I walked to Old Town, stopping twice to sit in the shade and enjoy my new Lee Child adventure. By ten-thirty I felt the breakfast bar was letting me down so I stepped over to a little Pizza place and ordered a piece of pizza. The meat tasted like it was manufactured by Oscar Meyer, I was not pleased. They also served along with that a Mexican Cola that may have been fine but it will take some getting used to. After the Pizza and more reading I decided to stop by the bank to stock up on Pesos before trudging back to the house and making out a little grocery list.  I arrived home at noon -thirty and discovered they were still there and the bathroom door was shut. That Pizza was working on my lower intestine and I felt the need to release the pressure. I pointed at the bathroom door and said "Olivia?" to the girl. She looked at me and said, "Si". So I waited and waited, feeling worse by the minute. Eight or ten minutes later Olivia walked in the front door! I then pointed at the bathroom door and asked, "OK?" The girl looked at me and said "Si". I could have thrown a rock at her. . . . .  .By the time I got out of their they had made my bed and were back in the kitchen doing God knows what. I left. I walked to the market for some Granola, bananas and those large red raisins I like. The first time I bought raisins there [two weeks ago] the lady charged me 100 Pesos for 2.2 pounds. That is close to $3.76 American per pound. I complained but paid it. Today the man waited on me and charged me 72 Pesos for the same amount. You have to watch 'em around here, Gringo's are live targets. Natalia has laughed many times at my adventures. She said at one time that the same thing happens to her if she is not paying attention.
I think is was 1887 that the first donkey powered public transportation was put in place in Mazatlan.
This is a short section of the original track and ties. Located outside the Museum.
A much better view of Macaws Bistro that caterer's to us Gringos. The bar tenders name is Caesar.
 Poor Kitty, I should have taken another picture because he really does have two pretty eyes.
I couldn't not take this picture, the little doggy is following along very safely but dragging his leash.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Next time you need to ask to use the bathroom say, "Peudo el ir Bano".
    You need to watch that girlish figure of yours. You're getting more exercise than ever at home. ChiChi really really loves his walks with me. I'm about ready to tie him to the treadmill and see if he likes that. "Not."
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete