Sunday, January 12, 2014

SUNDAY

. . . . . . . .I arrived at the bowling alley at 3:30 and was there until after six. I rented a locker for the bowling stuff before I bowled but decided after bowling that I can not afford to return. I will go  back tomorrow to try to get my locker deposit back. The cost per line is about $3.85. In Longview they only charge $1.25 if you do not belong to a league. I did bowl ten lines today and did poorly but at those prices I would not return even if I bowled really well.  .  .  .  .  The bowling alley is in the Gold Zone and they charge accordingly. Those prices certainly keep the locals out of the place. The lighting is so bad that most Seniors who would be interested in paying that price would not be able to see the spots on the lanes well enough to have a good time. The facility itself is in bad need of repair and the lights in the ceiling over the lanes do not work. Natalia and I both feel they will not be in business very long, again. The day was sort of sad in a way because  I really wanted to practice this winter. That's life in the big city. I got home after dark and that is against my religion around here, Natalia came out her room to say hi and we talked for a few minutes. She was busy today and is retiring early. I'm about to do the same. Eighty degrees today!

1 comment:

  1. bowling alleys sometimes have special rates at certain times or on certain days.........maybe you check to see if they have specials at that location

    ReplyDelete