Monday, January 13, 2014

MONDAY

. . . . . . .I was very lazy this morning and never got out of the house until after 11am. I took a soft cover work of fiction to read in the park, the Nook is difficult to read in the sunlight. At 12:30 I found myself at a restaurant that was advertising spaghetti and chicken for 68 Pesos, I figured that would fill me up. When the dish arrived it was with shrimp so I returned it and when they brought it back they had way too much spaghetti on the plate. I guess that was their way of saying they were sorry they got the original dish wrong.  They also delivered a very large bowl of soup and two rolls. After ordering the check [la quinta] they sat a large pudding in front of me. That was six hours ago and I am still full! I caught the city bus to the bowling alley this afternoon and brought my bowling ball home. While I was inside I was talking to one of the customers [from the USA] and told her I was being charged 500 Pesos for bowling ten games. She looked at me and asked, 'Is that a lot"? I told her it came to almost forty dollars. She had no idea what 500 Pesos were, she and her husband just look at the Peso as play money I suppose. I was also told I would have to wait a couple of hours for the owner to arrive before any refund could be made regarding the Locker I had rented. I quietly placed the key on the counter and said 'bye'. Below are pictures of a few new acquaintances around Old Town.



No comments:

Post a Comment