Tuesday, January 21, 2014

TUESDAY

.   .   .   .   .The Gold Zone must be closer than I thought because I walked home from McDonalds in only one hour today. In years past I figured it was at least four miles and reported it as such. No chance. I don't walk four miles per hour. Perhaps one day when Natalia and I go somewhere in her car I will ask her to check it........On the walk outward this morning I stopped for lunch and ate way too much, that was not what I intended but the restaurant offered too much food for the price and I was unable [no surprise] to stop myself. After lunch I continued the walk along the Mali- con with the beach to my left and four lanes of traffic to my right. I got as far as McDonald's before stopping for a coke and while I was there I finished my Lee Childs book. It has been years since I have read fiction, except for the classics, but Childs has a great character named Reacher who bums around the country getting into all kinds of mischief. Natalia has loaned me two of her books and I have finished both of them. I will stop by the Membership Library tomorrow to renew my membership from last year and see if they have any other Lee Child productions.


 A few blocks West of Old town the Malicon ends. This statue stands in the middle of the previously four lane boulevard in honor of the deer of the area. I believe there is a connection between the word Mazatlan and deer. The antenna's on top of the hill explain why Natalia gets perfect reception with no antenna.  Her house is only a few hundred yards away.
This picture, believe it or not, represents the third time in three days, about 11am, that I have passed by this same spot and taken a picture of this man. I was convinced he lived on that spot but later journeys along that way produced no sign of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment