Saturday, January 11, 2014

SATURDAY

. . . . . .  .I rode along today when Natalia went shopping for Tuna. The largest Tuna processing plant in western Mexico is a couple of miles from her house. The factory allows one retail outlet and it is just across the street. The bulk of the product is shipped around the world. After leaving there we drove to Natalia #2's and #3 house. Daddy was not home but we did see Natalia 2's new Chevrolet Tracker and I met Natalia 3 again. She is getting tall and speaks very good English. I noticed English language Saturday morning cartoons on the big TV screen. They are in the process of having a house built at the Marina. It will be one of the most prestige's locations in all of Mexico. . . . . .At the moment they live very close to the Bowling alley so Natalia and I stopped there on the way back to the house. We discovered that the hours are 3:30 till 11:30 each day. The bus is only a block from where Natalia lives and they come by every 30 minutes. [or so]. Since it was still early in the day we were not able to get inside. I will take my bowling bag and hop a bus over there one day soon and check it out. After we got back to the house Natalia prepared to leave for the afternoon and I packed my book and headed toward Old Town. Pictures below. I  will not promise to post pictures each day but once in a while it may happen; when I am not too tired  at the end of the day. Remember, click on the pic!
This is the front door [straight ahead] of Natalia 2 and 3's present abode. They are to begin construction  of their permanent home on the Marina Campus in February.
This is the restaurant I mentioned yesterday: Constanza's. Couple of blocks South of the Central Market.
This is the Central Market, the mom and pop restaurants are on the second level and today I ate at Karens,  the very far end above that bus you see way off in the distance. I feel that intersection is the busiest in Old Town. I feel I am looking down on the center of Mexico when I am up there. The food is very good too!
This is the lane that fronts the main theatre in Old Town Mazatlan. This was my view as I sat in the shade reading this afternoon. The theatre is the building on the left. To the right is the entrance to a newly refurbished hotel. The hotel was closed last year while I was here.

The above is before and after pictures of some work being done in Natalia's 'back yard'. She had a lime tree growing in the large space but discovered rats were using it as a bridge to get off the roof and into her house. They were very good limes too! The laundry room with washer and dryer is to the right.
Natalia is busily attempting to insert a new battery into her cell phone that she had dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment