Wednesday, January 1, 2014

WEDNESDAY

. . . . . . I had my laundry all folded and put away before breakfast this morning. I forgot it was New Years day and never turned on the TV until there was only five minutes left in the Rose Bowl game. I spent the day reading and messing with the computer. I phoned the Cisco Help department and after thirty minutes of working on things he told me that it would cost almost $180.00 to tune up my computer [via remote] and my router. That money was to also supply me with the password for the router. I turned him down and after hanging up the phone discovered that the router is no longer recognized by my laptop. So now I can't use my lap top or the nook. At least not at home. I think it would be cheaper to buy a new router and toss the other one. The only problem is that the computer is still in need of the tuneup. Or so the Tech told me. How can I tell he is telling the truth? He sounded more like a salesman than a technician. I put in a phone call to the  guy [Tom] who worked last on the conputer to get his advice but so far no answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment